Friday, April 26, 2013

Stick a Fork in this Dilemma...

Cause IT. IS. DONE!!

If you missed it, and want to read the commentary on the before, see here and here.  This will be a very picture heavy post, but if you have specific questions about something we did, just ask!


Before:

After:



Before: 

After:


Before:

After:


Before:

After:


Before:

 After: 


Before:

 After:

I don't have a before of this one...this is upstairs just outside Sage's room.  We used to have a lot of books - most of them were just really dust-collecting space-wasters, so we got rid of most of them and this is what's left.  These shelves belonged to Jacob's grandparents. This area makes me happy.



Before:

After:


Before:

After:



Before:

After:


Before:

After:


Before:

After: 


Before: 

After:


Before:

After: 


Before:

After: 


Before:

After:

These chairs will be replaced with upholstered ones as soon as there is money in the budget, but for now, they'll work.  I'm thinking I may also build a small room divider to put just behind the plants. 



Before:


After: 


Details that I love:

This was a thrift store find.  The shade was a roadside freebie that I covered with a small bit of ruffly fabric.  LOVE.


Love this whole corner.  The ladder was Jacob's grandmother's; the table came from a garage sale.  The clock was...well... ummmm...it uh...didn't come from a garage sale.


I looked forever for the perfect curtains and I'm so glad I stuck it out because these are perfect.  The picture doesn't really do them justice, but they are light and airy and the flower pattern is divine - especially with the light shining through them.


These chairs were in my friends childhood home when she bought it from her mother.  The first time I saw them I literally gasped and she thought I was making fun because she thought they were so ugly.  She gave them to me and a little spray paint made them just divine.


My grandmother's resin grapes nestled in with my pottery collection.


I ADORE this magazine rack.  I found it at the thrift store back when we very first started talking about remodeling.  I knew it had to be mine and it is a perfect fit in the living room.


A few of the smaller pieces of pottery on a tray on the kitchen table.  The tray was made from a door from our old kitchen cabinets.  That beehive shaped pot was a wedding gift; isn't it sweet?


Lazy Susan next to the stove.  I serves no real purpose.  I made it for my shop and then liked it too much to sell it.



So, what do you think?  Was it worth all the work?  I'm curious how you would describe the style?

20 comments:

  1. Love it! I will have to come and see it live....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like a TON of work. I think it looks amazing! I LOVE the white kitchen with the blue beadboard! Nice work. I bet it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish the pictures showed it like in person. Not that the pictures are bad, but it's so great to take it all in, in the flesh! I really is just a completely different space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. (this is jenae....why didn't it tell you that?)

      Delete
  5. Thanks everybody...it is SO nice to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks wonderful- I love it.
    Everett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors and the airiness (sp?)! How did you do the wood floors?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love LOVE IT!!! I really may have to stop by next time i'm up cache valley way (prob sans munchkins, to minimize chaos!) - you're so motivating for me to get working on projects!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I'm gasping for air here!! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys are so kind!

    Becky, it is 5 mm plywood, cut into 2' squares, poly'd and then liquid nailed to the floor. It is pretty soft wood, but we knew that down the road, when it was in the budget, we could just put a real floor down right on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, love it, love it! Tell me more about the counter on the island!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! It is two pieces of MDF glued together, then filled and sanded. I handpainted the top and then put 8 coats of poly! So far so good...there is one little mark on the side where I was trying to hack apart a metal stand, but it was late and I was tired and never should have been doing it on the counter...

      Delete
  12. Looks great . I like the open feeling and look . How many more walls can I cut a hole in, hmmmmmm .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it so!!!! The colors, the openness, the ladders, the pottery the countertop especially....all of it! And you took the plywood flooring to a whole new universe. Seriously.
    Style? Hmm....artsy farmhouse chic
    Is that a thing? Lol
    You guys did great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish! I love that description of the style!

      Delete
  14. Ridiculously late to this party but I adore it! So Very Much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even more ridiculously late...but WOW, Sharon! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...the above comment is Allison, not Greg. Apparently he doesn't log out of his google accounts, and I don't check first before posting.:)

    ReplyDelete

Interesting and Worthwhile Comments Go Here.